Lost digital access...-HELP needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have given our son the small digital T.V. that we once had in our sitting-room. On it we could receive the normal channels as in BBC 1, BBC 2 etc etc plus all the freeview channels.

Yesterday, while watching a programme, he had the remote, a universal type in his hand (the original was dropped and broken recently :( ) and must have touched a button or something and totally lost all the 'freeview' programmes and the set itself went into mono.

Does anyone know how to retrieve it all back again, or have we lost it forever.

Please help if you can. One very sad but feeling silly little boy here at home.

Sponsored Links
annemari, I don't suppose it occurred to you when writing the post that not every TV works the same way (Doh!!). If you want some constructive help you'll need to come back with a make and model number of the TV, otherwise we are left in the dark.

You might also check the TV manual, or if you no longer have it then check the manufacturers website and download a copy. If the TV is a supermarket own brand or budget model from Argos/TescoDirect or one of the big retail sheds and you can't find a website for it then we might be stuck also. The cheap brands don't provide much in the way of after sales support so it's harder to fix problems like this. If that's the case then have a go at button pressing on the remote as a last resort.

Good luck

Best general advice, look for a menu button on the set itself (Some universal remotes don't have all the functions of the original). From there, use the arrow keys to navigate to switch the set from analogue back to digital. It sounds like that is the problem in this case.

Let us know how you get on. :D

Cheers,

Colin

Best general advice, look for a menu button on the set itself (Some universal remotes don't have all the functions of the original). From there, use the arrow keys to navigate to switch the set from analogue back to digital. It sounds like that is the problem in this case.

Let us know how you get on. :D

Cheers,

Colin

Thanks guys, yes that was a bit dense of me so here goes.

The television is a SHARP AQUOS. It is 3 years old, we can get analogue, also teletext which shows that it is receiving digital signal but cannot come out of teletext to television.

As I said we now have a universal remote control, but it doesn't seem very good. We have tried all the SHARP codes but not many of the buttons seem to work.

Is there a better type of universal control or can we purchase an original.

Hoping someone out there can help please.

Sponsored Links
Best advice (always) is to get an original remote, and use that. Ebay might be a cheaper source than the manufacturer.

I bought my wife A tv from Aldi which would not work when digital arrived. It took ages to find what was wrong because for some reason the display showing what each bit did way went blank.
I tried clinking on all sorts of unknown functions and by chance found the return to factory reset. At which point all worked again.
And this was with correct remote.
You can try to access menus in same way but I would think best option is Ebay and new remote.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back