Sealing shower frame to brick tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm researching some tiles for a shower and was after some advice on using brick tiles, like below, with a shower frame.

20x10Bwhite-web.jpg

Would you avoid the beveled styled brick tiles and use flat faced or do the beveled style just take a bit more work with the sealant?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i have done a few shower screens on these iles, i know what you mean about the bevels, but if you take care when siliconing then it dont look too bad, i generally run a bead down the middle of the wall plate before fixing to the wall to make sure water wont get through.push onto wall and then pull it back slightly to see if the sealant has contacted all the way down the wall then fix in place.

i have done a few shower screens on these iles, i know what you mean about the bevels, but if you take care when siliconing then it dont look too bad,

what EVERY customer is after.

not perfect, just not too bad.

joe90 in disguise?

:confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back