painting PVC pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Any recommendations for painting PVC soil pipe.

I have inherited a soil pipe that has been painted in the past but a lot has flaked off through time. Removing the remainder and leaving it bare is not an option so I need to clean down and repaint. Suggestions on suitable paint would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the zinsser range, they do some good primers. I think 123 will do the job for you as a primer, you can also get it tinted which is handy for darker top coats

Scrape as much off as you can and wash well. Thoroughly sand with 180 grit sandpaper to provide a good key and wipe off the dust with a damp cloth.
I always use Dulux Weathershield gloss for this type of job, directly on to the pipe, and it lasts years - just make sure you stir it thoroughly before use, as it takes a long time to mix the settled properties.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back