The BMW Mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally these have started to come my way.....Mini were offering 3 years servicing for the price of a packet of crisps so thats hardly surprising.
1600cc Cooper automatic (2007)......is that a Renault engine I spy in there? :p
Seems quite a well built vehicle, good paintwork and solid construction. Not sure if I want one though.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Every new style mini I have been in has creaked and rattled more than a 90 year olds false teeth!

I was too busy getting to grips with the tiptronic paddle shift gear change to notice any rattles.....this one was only in for discs and pads all round.

'A' series engine, no electronics, simple suspension ...I love them :D

Sponsored Links
Hey, thats the one! :p
Twin 1 1/4" S.U.'s, distributor right behind the grille to collect the rain, battery in the boot, give the ticking fuel pump the occasional thump.....my old cooper even had a push start button on the floor!
How I miss the gears jumping out of first, and the 'I'm not gonna make it' drum front brakes. We don't know we're born.
John :D

I had the mis fortune of fitting a clutch to an old mini once, I preffer Volvo V70 T5 clutches!

I wonder why the Vauxhall idea of using a pre compressed clutch unit, fed through a door in the bell housing, didn't catch on?
It seemed like a bloomin' good idea to me. :confused:

It was a very good idea! I think they lost out on time sold with that job though so went back to box out, thats my theory anyway :D

I remember the old Nissan Cherry from 1970 had a similar set up with the clutch, whereby you could change it with the gearbox in situ.
You could also remove the gearbox and change the clutch on the Victors/Ventoras/CF van and leave the bell housing in place, they were a piece of cake.
I think the reason Vauxhall dropped laterly was because they changed the flywheel on the Cavaliers and Astras.

Sponsored Links
Back