Fire alarm power fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a power fault with a fire panel. The supply to the panel is on and the green power light is on but the fault won't clear by resetting the panel. Is this the batteries that need replacing?
Thanks in advance .

Sponsored Links
Cant help fella, but someone should be on soon, would also help if you could name the system in question :)

could be the following;
battery fail (2 x 3amp hour 12v SLA batteries)
battery fuse fail
faulty power supply.

but first check the date on the batteries, no don't just check with a meter and say they read 12v this will not tell you capacity available within the batteries.

if the date is over 4 to 5 years, change em!

if no date, change em!

this should fix it

if not PM me and i will go thru it with you

Oasis

Sponsored Links
Another one with a fire panel and not a clue.

ITS THERE TO SAVE LIVES.

Get someone in who does this for a living.

Harsh, tough.

ITS THERE TO SAVE LIVES.

Harsh, tough.

Yes thanks for your input matey. I'm glad you know it all. I suppose you were born with your knowledge and haven't learnt it at any point in your life.
Isn't that what this forum is for, finding out information?
I'm a sparkie mate but haven't worked on the fire alarm side of things before. Think i'm more than competent with a bit of guidence..

In future keep your useless comments to your self.

Thanks Oasis.. I changed the batteries and it worked a treat.

thats the result i like!
glad to be of assitance!
did you date the batteries?

this always helps, it lets you know how old they are!

i know its obvious, but it makes good sense!

Oasis

ITS THERE TO SAVE LIVES.

Harsh, tough.

Yes thanks for your input matey. I'm glad you know it all. I suppose you were born with your knowledge and haven't learnt it at any point in your life.
Isn't that what this forum is for, finding out information?
I'm a sparkie mate but haven't worked on the fire alarm side of things before. Think i'm more than competent with a bit of guidence..

In future keep your useless comments to your self.

Thanks Oasis.. I changed the batteries and it worked a treat.

Suppose you tested it all after as well?

you can sometimes tell the battery dates even if not marked mate by looking on top of them there should be a couple of numbers eg, 123408 the last 2 digits are normally the year. im a fire engineer and it definately sounds like the batts. nice reply to alarm aswell :p

you can sometimes tell the battery dates even if not marked mate by looking on top of them there should be a couple of numbers eg, 123408 the last 2 digits are normally the year. im a fire engineer and it definately sounds like the batts. nice reply to alarm aswell :p

FYI dates can be decoded from a matrix used dependant on the manufacturer. I could post this but you would probably still not understand it.
Not the last 2 digits in most cases.

Another one not fully conversant with the product in mention again I see.

Take the mick all you like I leave a site knowing full well the protection systems are working. Not guessing or using a forum about life protection systems.

Any witty remarks?

Alarm, couldn't agree more.

A Spark is a Spark NOT a Fire Engineer, he should not be playing with something as serious as a Fire Alarm if he does not even know the basics.

Sparks don't use batts., do they?

I dont do fire, but i thought fire system had to be maintained by fire Co's.

correct??

Decent ones with major UPS systems maybe.
Ones who are fire trained and know what they are doing.

I think the last part of the last sentance is the important bit.

I would not attempt to install a 3 phase 400VAC "switch board", go on kill me for that terminology. ( used for that particular reason so have fun).
Although its not that difficult is it!

I would fit and maintain a life protection system and KNOW what I am doing 100%.

That and that only was the reason for the comments made.

By all means ask, as you did. Go to a pro site and you would have been told where to go rapid.
Fire detection isnt for people who do not understand it.

I dont do fire, but i thought fire system had to be maintained by fire Co's.

correct??

Competent, who can sign off works.
Although thats changing again IIRC.
More exams to sit...........................

Not just getting answers on a forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back