WM/DW Inlet hoses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Both inlet hoses are connected to mains supply via a Y connector and a common valve.If I need to disconnect one appliance I have to switch of water supply to the other.The hoses have standard UK fittings.I am looking for a plastic cap to blank off one or other of the Y outlets as necessary.Have tried B&Q cat and Screwfix but no joy.Local Plumbers merchant sold me a brass Primaflow 3/4 inch cap and PTFE tape but it leaks.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Depends on how permenant you want it to be.

I'd take off the Y connector and connect the hose of the machine to work in it's place.

Thanks, thats a possibilty but thinking of something as just a temporary fix.

The brass fittings really require several washing machine rubber seals in the end along with the ptfe tape to seal.

Sponsored Links
Or use a ten or 2 pence piece in the hole and cut off a old inlet hose and screw it up that way the coin will stop any leaks and the end of the hose will hold it on. Then if you need to remove it it will be easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back