Anyone used this?

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
I tell you what I've got a £3600 heating job coming up I'll use it on every joint and see how good it is ;) ;) ;)

A friend of mine used it for joining copper and endfeed feetings on a piece of artistic furniture and it bonds well and looks very neat, but theres NO way id use it for plumbing/heating.

Sponsored Links
I have, but only to fix in place the arms on large (11/4, 11/2, and 2") ball valves as they are imported not assembled to the valve body.

Brass has copper in and they held very well. I couldn't shift them with 2 sets of stilsons!

I'd trust it after that.

Have used it to give it a go, and decided it has less pros and more cons. It produces a very neat-looking joint and would be good in places where heat cannot be used, however if you don't put enough on or don't get a good joint and it leaks, it's quite a mission to dismantle it all again - with solder you can often just reheat and run a bit more in, with this you have to cut out and start adding in more fittings to repair. Also, there's very little repositioning time, so if you're in a tight spot you can find it's going off before you've got your pipework exactly where you want it. I certainly wouldn't use it over solder in most situations

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back