Replace Alarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Looking at replacing our alarm system that was installed about 15 years ago, as it hasnt worked properly for a while.

The house is cabled in 4 core alarm cable to downstairs window sensors, PIR sensors in 2 rooms and to the bell box.

Much of the cabling isnt accessible without lots of floorboard lifting, tile removal etc, or I would have gone with a complete system for 6 core.

I can get 6 core to the keypad as I would like a seperate keypad and to the PIR sensors, but not to the magnectic window / door sensors.

Any thoughts on a replacement system? Would ideally like a speech dialler - I can cable that in 6 core also.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
4 core to sensors would require a EOL system. End Of Line. So no worries.
You would be pretty much sorted with a Veritas Excel panel. It is suited to your needs (precabled, and limited in cores).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Can you recommend a supplier? Want to change the contacts on the windows whilst I'm at it as some are broken / missing. Also want new PIR's that preferably won't pick up our old dog (he doesn't climb on furniture etc).

Cheers

Sponsored Links
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LOL

Forgot the name of the other one have we? :)

Don't blame you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back