Me again with Yale HSA6400... please don't troll this thread

Sponsored Links
:D

Just warming up the BBQ myself. Why not.
Have a spare steak and sweetcorn, be rude not to!

well, I know I've got one set like that, though I can't find it in the instructions. I've used both 6400 and 3800. I am not at the house now. I will see if I can find the setting in a menu when I am next there.

JohnD said it was possible, until I hear a reply from yaleguy regarding this issue I will keep on asking:

How do I make the yale keyfob HSA6060 disarm the alarm without the need to set off the entry timer?
JohnD said himself. He is not an engineer (sec systems), he just happens yo have one.

Sponsored Links
...I just happen to have one, and it does that.

Maybe it's a secret setting? Maybe the printers forgot to include it in the manual? Maybe they discontinued it after making mine? Who knows?

Just for clarity the 6060 is a part number for the fob.
System is a 6400.
Fob cannot unset without entry route opened.

Sorry mod but seriously the others are really ****ing me off.

Look nobody else apart from those with first hand yale knowledge (JohnD, yaleguy) answer this question:

How can I set the yale keyfob to disarm the system without the need of making the entry countdown occur?

well, I know I've got one set like that, though I can't find it in the instructions. I've used both 6400 and 3800. I am not at the house now. I will see if I can find the setting in a menu when I am next there.

Hi Chunky - I actually go by the manual on this one I am afraid.

The reason the manual and system require the entry door to be opened before the fob will disarm the system is as some sort of proof that the person using the fob has authority to do so.

Imagine you do manage to set up the fob so it will arm and disarm without the entry countdown being active. What this would mean is if you drop your fob in your garden getting into your car perhaps or it falls out of your pocket or even someone visiting the house takes it they would be able to disarm your alarm simply by pressing the key.

The reason the system requires the opening and activation of the door/entry sensor is that acts as some form of authorisation of the user ie if they are coming through the front door they must have a key therefore they can disarm the system.

Is your gran unable to use either the remote keypad or the control panel itself?

One thing I try to get people to do wherever possible is add a pir in the hallway as an entry device.

This means that as someone comes downstairs they trigger the control panel countdown without opening the entry door. The control panel then starts counting down and this does two things

1. It allows you to then use the fob to unset the alarm and
2. If you don't have a fob it reminds you the alarm is set and reminds you to unset the system before you walk into your lounge set off the alarm and annoy your neighbours.

Hope this helps.

Hi Chunky - I actually go by the manual on this one I am afraid.

The reason the manual and system require the entry door to be opened before the fob will disarm the system is as some sort of proof that the person using the fob has authority to do so.

Imagine you do manage to set up the fob so it will arm and disarm without the entry countdown being active. What this would mean is if you drop your fob in your garden getting into your car perhaps or it falls out of your pocket or even someone visiting the house takes it they would be able to disarm your alarm simply by pressing the key.

The reason the system requires the opening and activation of the door/entry sensor is that acts as some form of authorisation of the user ie if they are coming through the front door they must have a key therefore they can disarm the system.

Is your gran unable to use either the remote keypad or the control panel itself?

One thing I try to get people to do wherever possible is add a pir in the hallway as an entry device.

This means that as someone comes downstairs they trigger the control panel countdown without opening the entry door. The control panel then starts counting down and this does two things

1. It allows you to then use the fob to unset the alarm and
2. If you don't have a fob it reminds you the alarm is set and reminds you to unset the system before you walk into your lounge set off the alarm and annoy your neighbours.

Hope this helps.

OK then the PIR is going to be an entry device so as soon as the countdown starts she has to press the disarm button on the keyfob.

Cheers mate

Yep thats right but just to clarify

You can have more than one entry device.

ie My recommendation is that you still have the door contact as your entry device and ALSO a pir to catch people coming downstairs.

It is always recommended to have door contacts as entry sensors as they are more immediate and reliable than a pir.

From the Yale manual, and TECH as I asked them.

The keyfob only will only disarm the system during
entry time after an entry or away entry door/
window contact or PIR has been triggered.

As I said.

It needs an entry route, all there in black and white.

Thanks.

OK cheers all for clarification. Please don't close this thread because JohnD might find out how to set the keyfob to the way I prefer when he checks out his yale system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back