My Daughter got a first!

No. Hardly anyone gets that sort of score. Most are in the 50% to 60%. Only the top few percent get that sort of mark.

You sure about that?

http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/studentAchievement.do has Psychology at Lincoln Uni broken down into:
First (70%+) - 8%
2:1 (60-70%) - 54%
2:2 (50-60%) - 36%
3rd (40-50%) - 2%

70%+ is a mile away from an overall score of 74% or a median score of 75%.

Maybe you can give me that stats for those? They are usually referred to as an "Easy first" as she got in 'easy' rather than just scraping in with 70-71%. She scored 75% in all modules except one where she scored 68% due to the marking banding.

Sponsored Links

Maybe you can give me that stats for those? They are usually referred to as an "Easy first" as she got in 'easy' rather than just scraping in with 70-71%. She scored 75% in all modules except one where she scored 68% due to the marking banding.

How is it a mile away? It's 5%! You should be proud of your daughter Joe but your constant need to justify the 'excellence' of her result is ridiculous.

To score 75% means 1 mark out of every 4 available was lost. That is not particulary that good, considering only 8% of entrants score 70% or more.

I would expect 10% to get 90% or more, and 25% to get over 70%.

Sponsored Links
It says that on my CV too, in fact it says that on every CV I've ever seen.

:p

How is it a mile away? It's 5%! You should be proud of your daughter Joe but your constant need to justify the 'excellence' of her result is ridiculous.

It's the 5% that few achieve. Green-eyed monster still alive and well eh?

It doesn't matter about percentages. On her CV it will say "1st"

Job done :cool:

When applying for doctorates and Phds it IS taken into account. The blanket term '1st' gets you the interview.

It's the 5% that few achieve. Green-eyed monster still alive and well eh?

Plenty achieve it, you're just too ignorant/arrogant to believe that while your daughter has indeed done well, the score isn't, infact, 'rare'. Oh, and her overall score is 74%, not 75.

Give us the percentage then. Go on - if you are such an expert. :rolleyes:

You're the one insisting that of those who achieve a 1st, very few reach 74%. Why don't you give us the percentage. :rolleyes:

FWIW, at better Unis (with higher entrance requirements) the percentage achieving a 1st is between 15-25%. ;)

You're the one insisting that of those who achieve a 1st, very few reach 74%. Why don't you give us the percentage. :rolleyes:

FWIW, at better Unis (with higher entrance requirements) the percentage achieving a 1st is between 15-25%. ;)

She was top in her year. No-one did better. Get over it - you are just a silly jealous boy. Grow up FFS. :rolleyes:

Top? This is a new development. Why didn't you tell us before? And with 74%?

I'm not jealous - what exactly have I got to be jealous about? I'm just sick of your 'my daughter's so great' attitude as if nobody has ever done it before. That, coupled with your behaviour earlier in the thread means I'm tired of you and feel some facts should be made clear for others to be aware of. Making it out to be even more of an achievement because according to you, most score between 50-60%, which is a plain lie.

Enjoy your day. :rolleyes:

He is only being a proud dad , you will know how this feels when you grow up and have kids.
Tell us all about how great your daughter is again Joe, lapping it up here fella. :D

Top? This is a new development. Why didn't you tell us before? And with 74%?

I'm not jealous - what exactly have I got to be jealous about? I'm just sick of your 'my daughter's so great' attitude as if nobody has ever done it before. That, coupled with your behaviour earlier in the thread means I'm tired of you and feel some facts should be made clear for others to be aware of. Making it out to be even more of an achievement because according to you, most score between 50-60%, which is a plain lie.

Enjoy your day. :rolleyes:

Joe has spent years on this forum telling lies and baiting people. I don't actually believe he evan has a daughter. Probably just made her up.

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back