Mevier TS700

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening Chaps,

Got a TS700 panel (I know, its old......but its still working fine except for this little niggle).

Its set up for part set and was working fine, but now it does something very strange. A full set works fine, but when its aprt set it goes into alarm as soon as the exit timer expires. Weird thing is when the panel is subsequently unset, it doesnt think any cicruits are in alarm!

Any ideas?

Adrian

Sponsored Links
Strange one for a TS700.
Try a walk test, just set up a walk test and see if any zones are open. But without walking anywhere.

Have there been any power cuts recently?

Try the above and tell me what happens, in walk test and not moving about there should be nothing showing or any tones at the keypad/internal sounder.

Sorry about the delay..... many other things on the plate!

Walk test is fine. Tried several times on different days, all zones re working fine.

Battery pack replaced last year. The puzzle is that it works Ok on full set so I dont think its a duff sensor.

Try reprogramming the part set B, or if not change the same to C.
See what happens.

Any changes to it, new cable. Works done near it.
TS700`s hate induced AC on Zone 1 especially for some reason.
Also check DC+ and - for AC "hum" as well.

Sponsored Links
Finally had some free time today & I think I've gotten to the bottom of it.

It wasn't doing quite what I thought..... it wasnt actually going into alarm, even though it looked & sounded like it was.

Let me explain.....

TS700 panel + SD1 dialer + 2 x pyronix twin alert + 2 x SAB boxes + 12 x dual tech PIRs & 2 reeds.

SD1 is connected to Digicom outputs - SD1 'A' = 1, SD1 'B' = 2, SD1 'C' = 3.

These outputs are configured as 1 = 00 (Bell drive), 2 = 22 (Mains fail), 3 = 35 (Not Used)

The Twin alerts are driven from panel O/P 3 which is set up as 35 (Not Used)

The reason I thought that the system was going into alarm is that at the end of the part set timer the twin alerts go into alarm & the SD1 dials my mobile - I didn't check to see if the main bell box was triggered (it isnt).

Having removed a few wires & replaced a few O/Ps with 12V lamps things started to become clear.....

For some reason, on my panel, an output set to type '35' is triggered when the system is part set! The SD1 is being triggered on input 'C' which has no message associated with it (not input 'A' which is set up as intruder). The twin alerts are also actived.

Now, I'm not sure which version of firmware my panel is using & I know for certain that the copy of the installation manual that I have isnt the one which came in the box with the panel but do manufacturers change things like this during firmware updates?

The reason that the twin alerts where set to 'not used' was that I'd discovered an incompatibility between the twin alerts & the SD1 - if they are used on the same power supply - the SD1 will not dial when triggered. I'd solved this by fitting a separate PSU just to run these but had forgotten to enable them again.

Anyway, thanks to 'ALARM' for his suggestions .... have you ever met the output type 35 problem?

Adrian

35 = Active when part set.
Sounds like oyu got lost in the programming.

Looks like menvier have changed the output types....

TS700 Installation Manual - Iss 04 , Jan 93 ..... 35 = mimic of circuit 4

TS700 Installation Manual - Iss 05, Mar 93 ..... 35 = Not Used - Never Activates

TS700 Networker Installation Manual - Iss1 08/98 ..... 35 = Part Set

But I'm sure this isnt a Networker panel ... its the older style one with the square keypad...... strange

Can still take the older RKP IIRC. Could be a latter panel early RKP.

Called poor stock rotation :D

If it is a networker then yes, check the sticker on the processor.

Or ask Cooper, give them the serial numbers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back