Wiring Zones Together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some help with a wiring problem I am having. I am working on installing my first alarm and am having some difficulty wrapping my head around this. I would like to have 2 zones for my house. One zone with a delayed entry/exit and one with an instant fire if the Alarm is set. That seems easy enough but I am having difficulty wiring multiple windows/doors into one zone.

I have three windows and doors that I want combined together into one zone (instant fire). So far I have been able to get two of the three to work by doing what I have shown below. Any ideas on how to get the downstairs door added in?

I know the picture isn't great, but hopefully it shows what I am trying to do.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I take it your problem is related to the resistor wiring and thats why you can only get two switches to work ok.

Depending on the panel, some will accept a resistor in series with the contact on more than two contacts, others won't (excluding the end of line resistor).

Their is a method, but it leaves one of the contacts not effectivly monitored for tampering and so I would not recommend it.

This can't be as hard as I am thinking. I know it is possible because it is already being done in this system, somewhere. There is actually three windows downstairs that are somehow tied to one set of wires. the problem is, I can't find where they did that when the original homeowners installed it. Must be above the ceiling. Can anyone help me figure out how this wiring diagram should look?

Sponsored Links
Any professional can.
What are the resistor values?
Where is the EOL?
Got a 5 wire "return"?

Easy really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back