Texecom Ricochet Smartkey Fob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Having used the texecom system for 3-4 months now, Im now getting a System Alert on the LCD display, message which reads: Low Battery for user X.

I thought the battery life on these key fobs were meant to be for about 2-3 years. I probably use the key fob 4 times a day max during a weekday and hardly on the weekends.

Ok the main question is how do I replace the battery and what battery do I need to purchase. Had a go in trying to open it, but didnt want to break the cover so if anyone knows please do let me know.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Texe say 5 yrs, 2-3 is about I would expect.
Now for the bad news...............................

Premier SmartKey™
The Premier SmartKey™ battery should last in excess of five years in normal use. Premier
SmartKey™ batteries are NOT replaceable; in the case of a Premier SmartKey™ battery failing the
device should be replaced. Please contact your distributor to arrange a replacement.

Time to dig out the reciepts, I think you should get a free replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back