Introducing myself

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I just came across this forum and it seems great :D So I thought i'd join!

So, a bit of background: When I was a teenager I was never into DIY, I used to just rely on my father (who had previously worked in a timber yard) to do most things 'around the house' so to speak. But once I got married and brought a property, I took up a keen interest. I now consider myself a semi-expert on plumming, roofing and have dabbled in eletreconics from time to time.

However, it has not been all a success story. I recently purchased a French door from a company called Everglaze Installations who are based in east london. Feeling confident, I decided to wave the installation charge and fit it myself. WOW, what a disaster! I just couldn't get the door to hang right, and with a draft coming through, I attempted to take the glass out to see if it was fitted correctly. Low and behold, I broke the glass as well as the door frame. Thankfully Evergalze came out the next day with a new piece of glass, and managed to repair the frame. I called them back some months later as two units in my bedroom had become misted. Knowing the trouble which occured the first time, I paid the installation charge the second time around, and the two fitters where out in half an hour.

Sometimes it's better just to ask for help lol!

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone,

I just came across this forum and it seems great :D So I thought i'd join!

So, a bit of background: When I was a teenager I was never into DIY, I used to just rely on my father (who had previously worked in a timber yard) to do most things 'around the house' so to speak. But once I got married and brought a property, I took up a keen interest. I now consider myself a semi-expert on plumming, roofing and have dabbled in eletreconics from time to time.

However, it has not been all a success story. I recently purchased a French door from a company called Everglaze Installations who are based in east london. Feeling confident, I decided to wave the installation charge and fit it myself. WOW, what a disaster! I just couldn't get the door to hang right, and with a draft coming through, I attempted to take the glass out to see if it was fitted correctly. Low and behold, I broke the glass as well as the door frame. Thankfully Evergalze came out the next day with a new piece of glass, and managed to repair the frame. I called them back some months later as two units in my bedroom had become misted. Knowing the trouble which occured the first time, I paid the installation charge the second time around, and the two fitters where out in half an hour.

Sometimes it's better just to ask for help lol!
Must have been a very poor quality door frame if you broke it so easily.

Thanks for letting everyone know to stay clear of Everglaze!! Oh and welcome to the forum ;)

I just couldn't get the door to hang right, and with a draft coming through, I attempted to take the glass out to see if it was fitted correctly. Low and behold, I broke the glass as well as the door frame

Gaps?, Broken door frame? Everglaze products don't sound very good at all.

It's impossible to break a door frame, sounds like Everglaze gave you a faulty product.

Window companies shouldn't be selling windows and making you fit them. Sounds like Everglaze got out of issuing a FENSA certificate saving them some cash.

Welcome to the forum which, when Googling "Everglaze faulty product" should be on the first page of Google ;)

I recently purchased a French door from a company called Everglaze Installations who are based in east london what a disaster! I just couldn't get the door to hang right, and with a draft coming through, I attempted to take the glass out to see if it was fitted correctly. Low and behold, I broke the glass as well as the door frame.

The moral of the story then is DON'T buy French doors from Everglaze installations because they break!

;)

Sponsored Links
I recently purchased a French door from a company called Everglaze Installations

Thankfully Evergalze came out the next day with a new piece of glass, and managed to repair the frame.

No, no you've all got it wrong

It is Everglaze who supplied the crap stuff, but another company Evergalze is the one going around making money fixing their mistakes

In any case it seem like there is some collusion going on

Also I wonder why getting married made the OP get into DIY. Is the wife ugly or just bossy?

I recently purchased a French door from a company called Everglaze Installations

Thankfully Evergalze came out the next day with a new piece of glass, and managed to repair the frame.

No, no you've all got it wrong

It is Everglaze who supplied the crap stuff, but another company Evergalze is the one going around making money fixing their mistakes

In any case it seem like there is some collusion going on

Also I wonder why getting married made the OP get into DIY. Is the wife ugly or just bossy?

Ahh, Evergalze !!

So Everglaze supply faulty products and Evergalze come and fit them :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back