howling window please help its driving me insane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
my living room window howls whenever its windy and im really comming to the end of my tether I have looked and listened and nothing looks obvious its a very large upvc double glazed unit one single opener its definitely not coming from the opener is this common is it a quick simple cheap fix if you require any further info please dont hesitate to ask

thanks in advance

carl

Sponsored Links
it will almost certainly be that there is a part of the mastic seal has came unstuck from the upvc at some part, and the noise is the loose mastic vibrating when the wind blows (it only needs a tiny bit to be really noisy!). Check right round the window, some people use the wrong type of silicone or apply it without cleaning the pvc first. Even if you can't see anything, put another thin line round the window and it should stop the noise.

Sponsored Links
hi alistairreid there are no vents in the cavity the window is definitely the culprit but thanks anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back