obsolete parts

well your fuse could have gone to safety if moisture was dripping from the flue into an electrical area.but a repair could have been done and then a test to see if carbon monoxide or an unusual flue gas ratio was present.

so far we have not seen a written report from repair agent.

Sponsored Links
the gc number you gave i believe is in correct.

if the boiler is a balmoral 45 f then all the flue parts are still available via part center

Sponsored Links
Patsmotors, i work for the company you seem to have a hatred for and have done for 13 years,we dont go deliberatly making holes in flues, if the flue was corroded, then it would have been the engineers duty of care to check it, what would you have done left it to become unsafe?,i say well done to the engineer for being thorough. And to the origanal poster if your boiler has obsolete parts then it's time to replace it, you can't weld flues or do any adhoc repairs to it.

ok out of the RGIs reading this on here, how many would take on a replacement flue job on this boiler? bearing in mind its a rear flue so boiler off wall?

yes snap your internet speed is quicker but i have diagnostic skills from another company (not gas) and now i work as a freelance information gather.

well have done 30 years of slog and now am free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back