vacuum recomendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After hammering our upright vacuum for years with cleaning up after DIY, I've finally decided to get a cylinder vacuum cleaner justfor cleaning up after diy and for attatching to power tools to (and for cleaning the car).
I haven't done much research but was looking at something like a numatic henry. Is this the vacuum for me or are there other worth considering as well?
Cheers
Jim

Sponsored Links
thanks
just been reading a load of reviews and am concerned at how we have managed to get by without one for so long?
Getting one ordered tonight I think

Sponsored Links
Henry all the way

I had one provided by the company I used to work for and it got absoloutely horrendously abused, but it just kept going and going well.

I can't praise them enough.

Empty it and give the filter a couple of whacks against a wall to knock all of the dust out of it as soon as you notice any loss of suction. This can happen quite quickly if you're vacking up fine dust.

was just about to purchase a Henry when I've seen that the Charles isn't that much more expensive and is a wet and dry. Is it worth paying a little more for the wet and dry?
does anyone have the wet & dry and nexer use the wet part or just got the dry only and wishes they got the wet&dry?

I have the blue Charles, it was on offer a B&Q a while back, down from £137 to £70, couldn't walk away from that so bought one, same suction as a Henry but with wet capability too, i use it bag less for sucking up broken toughened glass, its a beast

Tesco thinghy-majiggery for £19.99 a few years back.
Picks up everything, small bag but reusable so no expense.
Will be a shame when it packs up as its powerful enough and takes up no room really in the car.

Henry Henry Henry - any day of the week - mine knocks the socks off the wife's Dyson (which she claims "doesn't lose suction" but later admits "if you clean the filter etc regularly)

Pretty sure you can get Henry in 110v too? Might get one myself, could come in handy when doing odd jobs.

Yes, we sometimes hire a 110v version from the local tool hire shop. I've never seen them for sale but sure you could get one with some looking around on the internet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back