A legal right to water ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone clarify if this is right ? a seven trent notice has been served on a letted residential property, (student accomadation)as they have a leak on there shared water main that has been running for some time. the main has not been fixed and i now no and there is no immediate urgency to get it repaired even thou they now have no cold water upstairs as the burst has got worse.Apparently people have a laegal right to water ? so my Q is do seven trent have the aurthority to turn off the water to the property thus effecting other neighbours hence why nothing has beeen done by seven trent ? Is this correct ? the only people i was told that have the powers to issolate a property is the Gas ? anyone ? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Do you live in another planet?

There is a water regulation that says that water must not be wasted. Thats clearly happening.

Some people expect the Government/Water Supplier/someone else to pay for everything.

In this case somebody is responsible and thats usually the owner of the land where the water is leaking!

. the main has not been fixed and i now no and there is no immediate urgency to get it repaired even thou they now have no cold water upstairs as the burst has got worse.

It won't be the main, it will be on the landlord's property and therefore his responsibility to fix. Speak to him and don't pay him rent whilst there is no water.

Are you a student? What are you studying? Noddy and remedial punctuation?

Sponsored Links
hey there onetap the guy is asking a question a stupid question yes but no need for you to start slagging ppl off we are not on here for punctuation or grammar so give us all a break and shut up d@@@

peekay53

we all make mistakes thats why they put rubbers on pencils

They clean and supply it to you, and by accepting their water you are agreeing not to cause waste of the water they have cleaned and pumped to you.

If you had a dripping tap would you expect your water supplier to fix it? Same thing buddy.

Sure everyone is entitled to water, as we are all human beings on this planet and nobody "owns" the water.

So go get yourself some buckets and stick them outside and wait until it rains :)

They clean and supply it to you, and by accepting their water you are agreeing not to cause waste of the water they have cleaned and pumped to you.

If you had a dripping tap would you expect your water supplier to fix it? Same thing buddy.

Sure everyone is entitled to water, as we are all human beings on this planet and nobody "owns" the water.

So go get yourself some buckets and stick them outside and wait until it rains :)

If nobody owns it try not paying for it and see what happens ! :LOL:

hey there onetap the guy is asking a question a stupid question yes but no need for you to start slagging ppl off we are not on here for punctuation or grammar so give us all a break and shut up d@@@

peekay53

we all make mistakes thats why they put rubbers on pencils

He got an answer.

I'm quite fond of the occasional punctuation mark and capital letter. He's either a student (in which case he should be capable of writing in legible English and my taxes are being wasted in trying to educate him) or he's the landlord ligging a bit of free advice.

It'll be the Landlord who is posting. All the signs are there.

The water supplier would have given the landlord x number of days to fix the leak, or there's some big fines going his/her way.

Plus if it's really an occupant, read the Council letting rules and your rights.

I thought the water company would give notice to the owner for the repair to be carried out. If they failed to do it in a set time, they would repair it and charge/fine owner.

It'll be the Landlord who is posting. All the signs are there.

Probably.

........and there is no immediate urgency to get it repaired even thou they now have no cold water upstairs as the burst has got worse.

I did think that was a real cracker though. It's the way he tells them. :LOL: :LOL:

If you're still reading this Gingerbear, it is quite likely that when you excavate the leak, the water will have washed away a lot of soil around the leak. If the leak is near the foundations you might find some subsidence cracks have appeared in your walls. I'd get it fixed quickly, if it was mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back