Permitted Development Specific question

In my case the side and rear extensions were not touching either...just a small gap.
I have now decided that I can make the rear extension 1m narrower and leave a maintenance gap between them so this problem solved.

I am aso considering add ing two huge conservatories on either side .....just because I can under PD.

Trying to make a connection between planning rules and common sense is Illogical.
Thanks tp
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Ok... regardless.. the rear extension would still have to comply with the PD rules for side AND rear extensions because the rear extension would extend out past the side of the original building.

Hi there, I am in same situation as you are trying to do an L shaped extension did you get your L shaped extension completed?

What plan was accepted by the council in the end?

Thanks

Hi
I did not go ahead with the original purchase.......too much hassle and a complete load of nonsensical planning rules.
I don't know what I expected and I don't think I will live long enough to find out.

Buy a bigger house or become a banker or an MP, then life will become easier and much more rewarding....bitter..... me?.... no..... just older and a little wiser.

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
If that is the case why are there so many posts relating to PD?

We can't all be idiots...I realise that my two Degrees and my engineering work in Formula 1 don't qualify me to interpret PD rules ....but hey it should be easy understand..... after all what we are talking about boils down to three lines on a piece of paper..... oh! and few decades of slack rule writing, un-cooperative, officials and a lack of willingness to apply common sense........ Just like F1 used to be really!! :rolleyes:

Hi
I did not go ahead with the original purchase.......too much hassle and a complete load of nonsensical planning rules.

What purchase is that? Your earlier posts indicated it was your own property

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back