teeing off from meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok..gas safe bloke is changing my boiler...need 28mm pipe run, as gas pressure is low due to run of present 22mm pipe....ptesent gas connection leads to two wall gas fires and 5 burner gas hob....so if he tees off the meter...and runs 28mm pipe to nearly all the way to the new boiler, also keeping existing gas line...wouldnt this reduce the pressure to the new boiler as its split into two just after the gas meter..?...im sure he is gonna check all pressurres and levels aftetwards.as im hoping he knows what hes doing...lol

Sponsored Links
No worries fella, it is an understandable misunderstanding .

Depending on your precise set up he could be saving you a lot of green. 35mm copper and fittings make my bum clench at the merest thought.

Sponsored Links
ok had all the pipework laid today and soldered...28mm all the way to the boiler...last 4 or 5 feet in 22mm...then connection to vaillant ecotec plus 831 will be 15mm...havnt yet connected to boiler yet..not done by me but the gas safe engineer.....anyway he done a standing pressure test at the gas meter 19mb...is that good...?...gas safe man said should be 21 to 23 mb...im thinking presuure will drop even more when 5 burner gas cooker is used..what you guys think....ill ask him more when he comes tommorow to commision the boiler..

Standing pressure is not working pressure. You will be fine, leave it all to your gas guy / girl.

Mr. W.

gas safe man is wrong the quoted pressure's are 21 =/- 2 so 19 is fine and with the 831you are allowed lower than that. as before leave it to the right guy as he knows what he is doing!!

The standing pressure is irrelevent!

Its the working pressure with all the appliances on full power which matters.

The working pressure at the meter should be a nominal 21 mB and no less that 1 mB lower at each appliance if the pipework is correctly sized.

Its not to keep the boiler working but to meet the standards an installer is required to work to. Most boilers work down to at least 12 mB in practice.

Tony Glazier

you ppl make me chuckle you come on here checking every statement made by your gas fitter/engineer so if you do not trust his word why have him working for you do you mind if i answer that i am willing to bet this man has given you a price and it was lowest of 25 other quotes but you love the lowest price but wonder how he can do it that cheap
by the way you were very quick to add that the pipework was not laid and soldered by you makes me wonder if you have in fact picked someones brain and done the job yourself i would not give you any information personally pay the correct price get the correct job enough of you no marks i am back off to cc to chat to REAL PEOPLE

peekay53

Didn't he call you a "self opinionated knob" ?

Apparently....but then that is only his opinion. I have a knob... I have opinion. Whether or not I trust the two to go together is another matter.

I'd better speak to the missus.....

Didn't he call you a "self opinionated knob" ?

:LOL: :LOL:

Sorry Dan that chuckle was not aimed at you but more so the ****e Tony comes out with , bless him. :LOL:

Oh Tony you owe me a new keyboard. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back