combi boiler makes like aeroplane noise

T

tonduc

i have aristonmicro genus 23 mffi and it has started making a noise like aeroplane only when dhw is turned on and carries on a bit when it is turned off ch is fine have took main heat exchanger out and secondary heat exchanger out and cleaned but noise is still there but if the heating is on it doesnt make any noise only when the heating is off and im turning dhw on for first time

Sponsored Links
STOP

You've done far more to your boiler than you're legally allowed to do, and you may be putting yourself and your family at considerable risk of death. You need to call a boiler engineer to sort your problem, which could be any of a number of things

Is this a wind up?

As a forum user then you are deemed to have read the forum rules!

Or have you?

i was told by a so called engineer it was heat exchanger and also the so called corgi reg engineers dont know about fault finding they say they can put new boiler in at a certain price

Sponsored Links
Corgi reg engineers? Corgi disappeared nearly four years ago, it's Gas Safe now...

STOP

You've done far more to your boiler than you're legally allowed to do, and you may be putting yourself and your family at considerable risk of death. You need to call a boiler engineer to sort your problem, which could be any of a number of things

He can do whatever he likes in his own house legally.As long as he feels he is competent to do so.
Lay off the 'fear factor' Muggy.

Too many of you plumbers' like to get your easy work off fear factor .
If plumbers were reasonable people- many more customers would come their way .

saw the local rep today he was dropping off new promo stuff for their new boiler, i asked what was inside, plastic hydroblock & wilo pump, he didn't seem too impressed when i said i won't be fitting those then

PP you truly are an idiot.

It has nothing to do with him FEELING competent. He HAS to be competent. The only way to prove that is to hold a valid ACS certification.

We had that problem on our Ideal logic boiler & replacing the secondary heat exchanger cured the problem. (By a gas safe eng. by the way).

As long as he feels he is competent to do so

No, not as long as he feels he is competent to do so, the correct phrase is simply 'as long as he is competent to do so', whether he thinks he is or not is irrelevant. As he clearly doesn't know what he is doing, he is not competent, and therefore can't even do anything in his own home

replaced secondary heat exchanger half hour corgi man sorry gas safe man quoted £250 normal price for specailist engineer although itold him the problem as i have on several occasions and ended up doing work myself i have also fitted combi boilers with no problems ask a gas safe man and it costs over £2500 to fit in 2 bed terrace for about 3 days work open cheque book for you specail people some so called gas fitters couldnt fit their arse to a bog seat and putting family at risk of death bit of a drama queen muggles yes maybe they could melt if bath water to hot but im just typical ariston owner [/quote]

replaced secondary heat exchanger half hour corgi man sorry gas safe man quoted £250 normal price for specailist engineer although itold him the problem as i have on several occasions and ended up doing work myself i have also fitted combi boilers with no problems ask a gas safe man and it costs over £2500 to fit in 2 bed terrace for about 3 days work open cheque book for you specail people some so called gas fitters couldnt fit their a**e to a bog seat and putting family at risk of death bit of a drama queen muggles yes maybe they could melt if bath water to hot but im just typical ariston owner
[/quote]

I wasn't referring to the temperature of the water, more the risk of the products of combustion (flue gases) being released into the room. Also, please learn to use some punctuation, your post is really rather difficult to read.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back