Identifying ridge tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a single ridge tile to replace, cant find anything suitable in local merchants so will prob have to ring around.
How does one describe* a ridge tile? Dims are approx 240mm wide, 120mm high, can't remember length but it will need cutting down anyway as the missing one is shorter than the others. local places only had slightly wider and flatter ridge pieces. Plain clay tiled roof.

Frustratingly, Selco do a chimney pot with a bonnet top, the bonnet being the correct size! I'm not forking out all that just to cut the bonnet off and bin the chimney :p

*I appreciate that I have just asked how to descibe a ridge tile followed by me describing it, but if anyone can help out anyway... :D

Sponsored Links
Generally the ridge come from the same manufacturer as the tiles so if the manufacturer's name is stamped on the back of the tiles it will be a starting point.

Found one in a local BM that is also a reclamation yard.
69p, happy days!

Thanks for the tip though, I'll remember that for future reference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back