Plastering and finishing corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
JB,

Another question for you. I'm getting pretty good at this plastering, I have just completed knocking down a dividing wall, installing a beam and then re plastering a 26' x 14' room for my sister in law :eek: ( well its a big room for me)

The only place where i now seem to be struggling is the internal corners. I know to plaster facing walls, then the other 2 so the plaster has time to dry but i always seem to get a lot of "snots" in the internals :cry: it seems to harden quite quickly and if i try to flatten and smooth, it drags and makes an even bigger mess.

I went to my local tool shop and spotted an internal corner trowel. Are these for finishing or the render coat ? In addition, are they any good or is it another case of practice makes perfect?

Cheers JB

Mick

Sponsored Links
its an internal twitcher, i use a dryliners one their better. you need to clean your angles everytime you give it a going over when you break a room up but with the twitcher you can work to wet angles but it comes with practice.

Cheers JB,

i knew you would know...

I did look at the corner trowel. One thing i noticed is that if isnt at 90 degrees ? It looks more like 100 ?

Is that the one you mean ?

When you say clean your corners, do you mean not plaster right up into the corner then apply the plaster with the Twitcher thing ?

Cheers

Mick

i meant clean your angles if your working to a dry wall, with the twitcher you can work to a wet angle then run this down the angle everytime you trowel.

Sponsored Links
before plastering an internal angle brush some weak pva down the dry side this will help prevent drying and causing snot drag.mix it to strong and your paint wont stick!

Cheers guys

i will try your suggestions. I have now finished the room and will take a picture so you can all see just how not that good i am at plastering :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back