Central heating loosing pressure - Leak sealer

Don't rush into boiler cover.

It does not cover the system unless you pay a bit extra.

But even if you had it then it would NOT cover taking up and replacing floor coverings!

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you have a leak under the floor you may find that your house insurance will pay for the floor to be lifted & replaced but not for the repair of the leak, can you fit iso valves to the flow & ret where the pipes go under the floor, if this section of pipework is isolated & the leak stops then you will be certain thats were it is & have to bite the bullet, as argile says I wouldn't recommend leak sealer on a new boiler.

Day 2 and the system is still fully pressurised! Touch wood, the problem has fixed itself. Whether it be the leak sealer or draining the system and refilling it perhaps rebedded the joint and leak.

Probably untrue, but last night I was thinking about the consequences of your warnigns not to use the leak sealer in a new boiler and the worst that could happen is the boiler or some parts need replacement. A lot cheaper than liftin gall of the flooring and replacing parts etc.

Anyways, I guess the outcome of this post is that the internal leak sealer does appear to do what it says on the bottle. The knock on effects - I cannot comment on..

Thanks to all.

Day 2 and the system is still fully pressurised! Touch wood, the problem has fixed itself. Whether it be the leak sealer or draining the system and refilling it perhaps rebedded the joint and leak.

Probably untrue, but last night I was thinking about the consequences of your warnigns not to use the leak sealer in a new boiler and the worst that could happen is the boiler or some parts need replacement. A lot cheaper than liftin gall of the flooring and replacing parts etc.

Anyways, I guess the outcome of this post is that the internal leak sealer does appear to do what it says on the bottle. The knock on effects - I cannot comment on..

Thanks to all.

Sponsored Links
Hi Macadonald,

I am also going through similar condition. Just to check your memory, how long did the sealant hold on?
I am sure, you are now the best experience guy to get a review of using sealant in central heating system :) . Did it harmed the boiler?

instead of adding on to a six year old post you would be better starting a new one and no leak sealer on a modern boiler is a very bad idea

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back