Circuit Wizard (PCB converter software)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know anything about Circuit Wizard (PCB converter software) working with windows 98 then to move on to floppy discs then onto Windows XP then onto CAM

(not me, daughters homework)
The problem is the school IT ppl wont allow the circuit wizard to be loaded onto the school network, bearing in mind this is GCSE systems and controls, and the teacher doesnt understand computers

So at present they have loaded the programme onto a stand alone pc, but , it is running on windows 98 and only has a floppy drive. So the problem is, my daughter is the only one in her class that is doing IT, but the IT dept wont help, at present they are trying to do the work on the old pc, then copy the files onto a floppy to then put it onto the windows xp machine so that it can then be added onto another programme then using a CAM cutting machine, cut out a copper pcb board.

This is all a foreign language to me, so any help please??

Sponsored Links
CAM is not my bag but you could try and transfer files easier if you use a USB Memory Key. This will be easier if it is Win 98 Second Edition that the Stand Alone PC is using as its operating System.

You will need the driver for the USB Key if you decide to go down this route.

Good Luck :D

Sorry as someone who is completely pc illiterate by the USB key, do you mean a memory stick thing, if so the standalone pc wont take them.
It only has the floppy drive.

I had thought I had finished with kids homework till this came up :rolleyes:

Thanks for suggestion though/

Hi eiblis

You will probably find there are 2 USB ports at the back of the PC unless it is really from the Arc.

do you mean a memory stick thing
Yes I do.

Sounds like you need to sweet'n up the Computer Department with the latest copy of "PC World Monthly" or if that doesn't work "Get you head out of your Ar3e weekly".
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
No knowledge of PCB NC data files.
Saw this feature section for Circuit Wizard Click here
It said...
NC-Drill export (Excellon format) Yes
Is that the format you need for the NC prog?

Have a delve here ..
http://pcbmilling.com/
From a search like this :- Click here

Or are we merely talking about moving large files by floppy disk?
-

LOL @ "Get you head out of your Ar3e weekly".
I think that would actually be far more appropriate for them :rolleyes:

Having listened to her rant some more, and having listened and tried to understand anything which she said, I do think the major problem is transfering the files.
She said that even when she copies them onto the floppy, if she then checks the properties of the floppy, it is coming up empty.

Ark is the right word, she did check the pc for usb ports and there arent any :rolleyes:

I have contacted the school, and am waiting for them to return the call.

ok school returned the call, anyone got the copy of "Get you head out of your Ar3e weekly".

It seems now the school has NO IT technicians but the teacher is going to 'fix' the problem in a different way, thanks for the help tho :)