Velux in roof angle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm thinking about having roof windows installed into a section of roof that's close to an angle. Are there any limits on distance from a joint in the roof, or additional reinforcement required?

I've attached photo's to illustrate - ideally I'd like windows on both faces - I think velux do a 550 x 780 which should fit.

Apologies for the rotated pictures - it seems to default to the perspective they're taken in.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Depends what the rafters are doing doesn't it. And you won't know that for sure without lifting some tiles or removing some plasterboard to have a look ....

Or you could faff about trying to detect where the rafters are from the inside, drilling some uber tiny holes to find the rafters is one way or try a stud finder, though they are hit and miss at best.

Can't help thinking rectangular rooflights in those faces would look mighty weird. Bespoke triangular ones on the other hand ......

Thanks for the replies

It is a valley on the exterior - I presume the problem would be water ingress?

Overall I'm getting the idea that it might not be the best idea - back to the drawing board... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back