scaffolder won't remove the scaffolding

Update. I've sent letters to both of them. Will c want happens.

Sponsored Links
you'd think they'd be quick of the mark to get it shifted, it must have value for them unless they've gone out of business or something's been lost in translation between the builder and scaffolder. Mind you next to my daughter's school there's a house that's had solar panels fitted and the scaffold is there several months after the work is completed. Next time you're out and about and see a scaffold van ask the lads how much they'd want to take it down, they'd probably do it for a drink.. :D

Generally all the scafolders in an area know each other and they won’t tread on each other’s toes so I doubt anyone else would touch it.

I have been told it is a common practice with scaffolders that they remove scaffolding ONLY when they have another job to take it away to. Seems to be true in my case. They came once 2weeks ago. Took away what they needed. And lo and behold that turned up on Sunday and took a bit more off . despite asking them to take the side ones (this is what's stopping us from using the area), they didn't.they needed the very long ones at the back which they took and which were NOT in my way! !!!!!! They rearranged the bracing on the side so I now have a bit more access. They have by soooo kind they told me. Still blaming builder for not telling them that job finished 3 months ago.they said that the lorry was full and they couldn't take any more. ""But don't worry we'll b bk on Monday or Tuesday and take it all away." Should I believe them? ? Why go thru the bother of rearranging bracing if they were coming bk next day?
so I've said in my letter that I shall b charging service charge for use of my land as suggested in this forum.
I've a meeting with AGE UK 2moro to help me.
Will keep you posted.
I thank all of you for your help. It's the best thing I have done by joining this forum.

Sponsored Links
That's disgraceful - sorry to hear what they're putting you through.

It sounds like they don't have storage for all of the equipment so they are treating you as a free storage facility.
I would definitely send them a bill for the storage so far and make clear that the bill continues for every day they leave equipment with you.

Ring them "just to check" that the irish lads that knocked your door yesterday actually work for him, because they say they're coming back in a lorry to collect it.

Then tell the local travellers it's free to a good home.

Thank you for your responses.
Update.
Age UK called the scaffolders and they say they will remove it within one week. This has been followed by a registered letter to them which I did yesterday. They argued that they have given me access to the garden for my husband in wheelchair. We said that it is still very difficult thru the side gate as it's a really tight squeeze and we couldn't do it as my husband is very heavy and we found it impossible with him in the chair. I resent that I have to give reasons but there you go.
Age UK told him that they shall b monitoring the situation.
So I'm waiting.
Yes the people who took away partial scaffolding were from the right company.

Scaffolding finally gone yesterday. No they paid no heed to age UK. They called him twice and agreed with me that they were rude. But Age UK were able to get trading standards to act who said this was harassment and abuse and got my local council to act. And so finally they came and a man from local council was here to supervise as I was quite afraid that they will shout at me. Not only that but previously when they came, they were throwing metal connections on my paved areas resulting in chipping/breaking the bricks and paving slabs. And some tiles on the wall.
The builder said he will put right all the damage done by the scaffolders.
Age UK had a list of builders and I'm hoping to use them to do internal repairs caused by water during the winter. But not now. I need a break from builders.
Once again thank you all for your support and advice.
P's. I'm pleased to say that my husband is doing very well and was blissfully unaware of any thing.

Sponsored Links
Back