Downlight Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed the wiring for my down lights into my kitchen/dinning room, now there's 14 lights over the complete area.

I've taken the live from the existing pendant and I have linked each light to continue the circuit, now when I came to the end of the loop should I tie the furthest light on the line back to the pendant, giving a live from both ends ?

Hope this makes sense.

Sponsored Links
What cable did you use? is it suitable for purpose? Do you know anything about electricity? :eek:

It was 1.5mm into the original pendant, I've run 1.5mm to all down lights.

I'm a gas engineer so have knowledge of electrics, I'm just curious as to whether I should do as I stated on my first post.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
But do you need 14 of them because your rooms are enormous, or because you've decided to use lights which aren't actually very good at lighting up rooms, so you have to use lots of them to compensate?

I've just installed the wiring for my down lights into my kitchen/dinning room, now there's 14 lights over the complete area.

I've taken the live from the existing pendant and I have linked each light to continue the circuit, now when I came to the end of the loop should I tie the furthest light on the line back to the pendant, giving a live from both ends ?

Hope this makes sense.

patience my friend
its sunday night and the wolves are out

:mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back