12/18 greenslave lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help I have a 12/18 greenslave boiler no end of trouble since installed 6 years ago.i currently have continuos lockout no hot water no heating.have checked pressure on water and also the diverter valve which to count 4 new ones since installation.done all the other usual stuff.a friend told me on his he had a solenoid on the oil pump go and advise I change it.one problem being an aircraft engineer got my savvy about me can I remove this no I can't for the life of me.it looks integral with the oil pump assembly is this correct. If so having just wasted an afternoon can anyone tell me how this is removed or how to remove the oil pump Assembly if integral.
Kids and wife going Barnes rubble at me now to get it sorted tin bath has lost its novelity

Sponsored Links
Can anyone help I have a 12/18 greenslave boiler no end of trouble since installed 6 years ago.i currently have continuos lockout no hot water no heating.have checked pressure on water and also the diverter valve which to count 4 new ones since installation.done all the other usual stuff.a friend told me on his he had a solenoid on the oil pump go and advise I change it.one problem being an aircraft engineer got my savvy about me can I remove this no I can't for the life of me.it looks integral with the oil pump assembly is this correct. If so having just wasted an afternoon can anyone tell me how this is removed or how to remove the oil pump Assembly if integral.
Kids and wife going Barnes rubble at me now to get it sorted tin bath has lost its novelity
ps they are only £48 can't be that hard

Have you tried hiring a heating engineer who knows about oil boilers rather than guessing with a mate and just part swapping? Have you diagnosed the fault and if so how? If you can't remove a simple solenoid from an oil pump I think that you'd better leave it to the correct type of engineer.

James.

What's only £48?

James.

Sponsored Links

What's only £48?

Thanks you've been a great help James be helpful if you could help instead of the comments made

James.

What's only £48?

Thanks you've been a great help James be helpful if you could help instead of the comments made

James.

My point is why swap parts when you haven't diagnosed the problem.

It would be like in your job, if a plane doesn't fly, you wouldn't just go out and replace a whole wing when it could be the engine. I see it all the time where people who have the word 'engineer' in their job description think that they can fix everything, yet in your case you do not know how to remove a solenoid from an oil pump. You sound like the type of engineer that loves to swap parts instead of hiring the services of a professional. I see your type on a regular basis where there are boxes of used (normally perfectly functioning) parts at the side of the appliance just because an 'engineer' didn't know what they were doing.

Usually unscrew a round nut on the top (about the size of a 5p coin) and off it pops. But without pictures I could be wrong.

Please do not tell me that you spent £48 on a solenoid!!

James.

Whilst James's comments are a little harsh, there is more than an element of truth in them. A solenoid coil usually fails after the burner has been running for a while, but you state that it will not fire at all so I agree with James you do need to get a Burner Service Engineer in to diagnose the actual problem but don't ask the burner engineer to fix one of your aeroplane cos it will probably fall out of the sky!! (I'm trying to politely remind you of our need to stick to what we know!) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back