Recommend me a water pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to increase the water pressure at my mothers house. It is a bungalow, with a cold tank in the loft, as high as it can be. Pressure would be 0.2-0.3 bar at the taps.
The kitchen has been fitted with a high pressure tap which means warm water is just a dribble (cold is okay, but doesn't have the restriction of the hot water system). Both bathrooms are to be replaced soon, one has a recent pumped cold feed electric shower, the other is an old one that's similar. I intend to instal mixer showers (and obviously, the extra hot water pipework).

There is a Firebird Olympic 50-82 oil boiler, and a hot water tank on ground floor, to consider.

1) What (type of) pump could I put after the cold tank?
2) Would the above benefit from a pressure vessel? (80L?)
3) Would there be an issue increasing water pressure to the boiler?

I'd rather not remove the existing cold tank.

Sponsored Links
If you are considering a Booster pump, everything downstream will need to be evaluated the biggest requirement would be to replace the hot water cylinder with an Un-vented type (high pressure) this will include expansion provision for the heated water and the temperature and pressure relief valves you should get a qualified person to attend site to carry out a full survey and prepare a specification etc - this is not a project to "muddle" through! ;)

Sponsored Links
Grundfos UPA15-90

I have one to fit to my vented setup. Adds 0.5 to 0.75 bar.

That is interesting, says it works with an open system. I'll get someone in to assess/do it, but did you get a noticible difference, was yours bad before?

Grundfos UPA15-90

I have one to fit to my vented setup. Adds 0.5 to 0.75 bar.

That is interesting, says it works with an open system. I'll get someone in to assess/do it, but did you get a noticible difference, was yours bad before?

Not fitted it yet; My tank is approx 0.2 meters above the cylinder so my hot water pressure isn't great. (It's aided with old taps which are not 1/4 turn)

I am hoping I will be able to fit a mixer shower with a PEV (Mains cold and pumped hot from cylinder).

And the award for longest ever procrastination session goes to.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back