Electric Box

Ismii raif

Ismii - arabic 'my name is' or 'I am'
raif - Raif Badawi - a Saudi blogger being flogged for disagreeing with the government.

It's another 'I am Charlie' which is worth saying. The UK government doesn't react as it is buried in military contracts with Saudi Arabia.

Sponsored Links
I think pressing in the button and it is staying in shows that the fault looks like the extractor fan - your fuse box is very old but I have seen fused consumer units (which are older) If you are not electrically compitant and you have a neon screw driver yu should be able to trace to see if have a live on a terminal block inside the fan touch that with the screw driver on iit the neon should lite up If it does you fan has blown (then it would be a case of changing the fan) thing about getting that consumer unit changed by a competent electrician - if you do hunk of getting a larger one with more MCBs for future expansion

Please let us know when you get your hunk……for a larger one, for expansion.

All this from a cooker hood ! :LOL:

DS

Sponsored Links
If you are not electrically compitant and you have a neon screw driver yu should be able to trace to see if have a live on a terminal block inside the fan
Hang on.

You are saying that if he is electrically incompetent and he has a next to useless, potentially misleading, potentially dangerous toy to play with he should be able to start using the toy for sensible diagnostic purposes?

shake%20head.gif

Dear ALL,

Cooker hood got repair.... did not really understood but when the light bulb blow, the cable within the fuse box got dislodged....
So happy bunny as it only cost me 30 labour rather than 200 than I thought It was going to be.

Could someone advise on the new regulation? or some link on line to read about it?

I rather be compliant rather than go cheap and then 5 years down the line, if I sell then not be compliant because of new regulation if is is for the sake of saving couple of ££.

Will be interested to find out what the new reg would be about or is that still too far ahead to worry about it?

Cheers,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back