Adjustment of a Bathroom Wash Basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice please? I have a Bathroom Wash Basin which slopes slightly forward. It sits on a pedestal - not sealed onto it via sealant - and is secured to the wall via normal screws, not Wash Basin fixings. My question - based on the pictures attached - is would I have enough adjustment by simply moving the pedestal / securing the basin against the wall using sealant and using proper wash basin fixings? I don't particularly want to start messing about / adjusting the waste. Any advice greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
You could pack in between basin and pedestal at the front to get basin level and cut back pack after done and sealant over gap.

Sealant between wall and back of basin and Screw fixing is enough to secure.

Daniel.

Is there play in the basin or is the floor running down at the pedestal??

Can you lift the front up and lift it level? If it's flat at the back and the wall then it should be pulled up straight and the screws nipped nice n tight, it should sit flat and the gap will move to front of the pedestal. Cardboard wedges and then silicon the gap, as star suggests

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back