Twinwall ducting- what sort of minimum bend radius will work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What it says really- burying some 50mm twinwall ducting between house and garage for comms, alarm and video cables and the best route to avoid uprooting 2 apple trees and faffing round a drainpipe is going to need a 90 degree bend about 2500 from the garage end of the duct.

The ducting is allegedly smooth internally- not quite smooth but certainly less knobbly than the outside. The supplied drawstring is very very skinny- that'll be getting replaced with some 6mm polyprop. What sort of bend radius will give me the best chance of cables not snagging while I'm pulling them through? Total duct length will be 28 metres- 24 of it in a straight line

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Do you have any drain rods, bend them and will give you an idea, then in the future if needbe you can at least know you can rod it

Used plaited rope if possible instead of the cheaper twisted rope or use a swivel joint between cables and rope. Twisted rope tends to un-twist when stretched.

Using a twisted rope to pull in several cables and a replacement draw cord at the same time will end up with the cables twisting around each other and the new cord making any alterations at a later date very difficult.

Sponsored Links
As large as you can possible create.

That occured to me as well while I was typing the post- 2500 looks favourite then :)

Do you have any drain rods, bend them and will give you an idea, then in the future if needbe you can at least know you can rod it
Good idea, I'll try that tomorrow when I'm back over there

Used plaited rope if possible instead......... swivel joint
Interesting and useful. I'm going to try and draw all the cabling through before I fill the trench in but who knows what the future will bring.......think I'm stuck with the budget twisted polyprop, haven't inspected it carefully but very good point about the twists.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back