Bosch WFL2860 makes my clothes more dirty!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anybody have the same problem or know how to fix it.
My Bosch wfl2860 seems to harbour some crap in the seal around the door, and instead of rinsing away it clings to the lovely washed clothes leaving dirty marks which feel greasy. I tried changing washing detergent, as I was using those liquid tabs and thought the problem was with them, but I get the same problem with powdered detergents. I often wipe around the seal to remove the unwanted junk, but I shouldn't repeatedly have to do this, I didn't when it was new.

Sponsored Links
What sort of junk?
If you meant gunk then your machine is in need of some maintenance washes.
If you don't do many hot washes then soap powder and body fats build up inside the tub. This can also lead to bad smells on your laundry as well as the grey spots.
Get yourself some Aerial tablets, put one in the drum (no laundry), set the machine going on the hottest wash. The hot water will disolve the soap powder and body fats, the aerial tablet will kill the bacteria.
You may have to do this a few times if your machine is badly gunged up.

:)
Yes, I did mean gunk (slimy bluey/grey stuff!!).
Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll give it a go. I'm sure this will solve the problem, as I've never performed a maintenance wash in the 5 yrs I've had the machine. Sounds like I was lucky not to have really bad smells with it also. Thanks again for taking time to reply, it's much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back