Adhesive tiles on top of rubber flooring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Just joined and would be very grateful for an answer to the above.

The bathroom was fitted with a disabled shower for my dad (now departed RIP ) and we have changed the shower but the rubber waterproof floor is still down and wonder if possible to overlay with adhesive tiles.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Not sure about what you have but i would say its a definite no to go over a rubber surface with another finish covering.

Do you mean self adhesive vinyl tiles, say 300mm x 300mm?

Ty for replying, yes those are the tiles I mean. What would be the outcome? Would they not stick down?

Most probably - background should be firm or solid. Self adhesive would never be used professionally.

Sponsored Links
Typically, i would say lift the rubber and clean off the sub-floor ready to accept whatever cover.
But i dont know what you've got. Why not post a pic?

Typically, i would say lift the rubber and clean off the sub-floor ready to accept whatever cover.
But i dont know what you've got. Why not post a pic?

Sorry for delay in responding. We have decided to leave it for now and revisit in the spring due to finance. But I have taken on board all your suggestions Thank you :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back