Flush socket to fit standard BESA box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know if there's a single switched or unswitched flush 13 amp socket faceplate that would fit a standard circular BESA box that's flushed in a wall?

Sponsored Links
MK did do 5A & 15A round pin versions that fitted a BESA box..... not sure if a 13A version existed of if they are still in the current catalogue....

edit: the 5A version is MK315WHI

MK make 2A and 5A ones (312 WHI and 315 WHI) but I never heard of a 13A or 15A one and given how even the 5A one seems to be something of a squeeze sizing wise I doubt a 13A or 16A one is practicable. Also note that the 2A version is unshuttered.

Sponsored Links
WOE is the point of that?

"Period pattresses"? In what period did they have round bits of oak on the walls with shiny chrome cylinders with white plastic ends?

screenshot_386.jpg

With very few exceptions they didn't have electricity in houses in Victorian times, and none at all in Georgian, or Mediæval, so even if you make accessories out of round oak, rope-edged brass or horsehair, cowdung and lime they are going to be an anachronism.

Ah yes BAS, but "Since the invention of mains electricity, sockets such as these were used extensively in the homes of the opulent" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I do agree with BAS on this one to a certain extent. That socket looks hideous! :unsure:

Do you mean the test to see how much their temperature rises under load? I'm sure they'll be fine.

I'd be more interested to learn about their performance with the glow wire, and the general "Accessories shall be proof against abnormal heat, fire and tracking" requirement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back