low cost combi Boiler Reviews

walk away from any thing with Biasi written on it

imho a waste of space company, dire mob to deal with

& have more plastic in there boilers than u would find at a tupper ware party

and they flog there carp in B&poo to diyers

Sponsored Links
I overtightened one of the connections on a biasi and fcked it up :oops:
Got on the phone to them and they sent me a replacement free of charge next day.
That's the only dealings I've had with them cos I don't fit them as such, but couldn't complain about that service.

Ideal Logic plus (7 year warranty or the Ideal independent (2 year warranty)or the imini at plumb centre (2 year warranty).

Basically the same boiler with the casing removed but tailors for what ever budget a customer might have. Imini and independent you can get for around £500. Very good products.

A lot of negativity surrounding Ideal is mostly down the their now defunct old boiler range called icos/isar. The Logic range is excellent. I currently install them for customers and I installed one in my own house.

Sponsored Links
FWIW Which? Magazine currently seems to rate Worcester Bosch boilers much higher for reliablity and customer satisfaction than other makes. eg: WB 92% - Ideal 52%

For a cheap boiler I think the duo Tec is a good little boiler and spares are reasonable as well, that's my two pence worth anyway

A personal point of view and that is all it is , I fit Vokeras, as I have a great relationship with the company and never have any problems whatsoever if I occasionally need a warranty visit, engineers who install boilers are not the best to ask about reliability , ask the engineers who service and repair them

what do you mean by proper cleaning ? How do you know if he doesn't need a proper flush or just chemical clean with that price you produced agile without seeing it?

This is a two years old posting although nothing has changed in that time.

The problem with cheap boilers is that those who buy them choose a cheap installation. That usually means no system cleaning or subsequent backup.

The most common problem with boilers is from dirt in the system. That means the system has to be totally clean. Fitting a Magnaclean is not the solution.

I charge a basic £840 to fit a new combi in place of an old one. That includes proper cleaning and a full warranty on the cleanliness as well as a first response visit if there are ever any problems.

But no body buying a £500 boiler is going to pay my charge to fit it! They choose a £300 installer, that means no cleaning and a one day rapid install sometimes not even Gas Safe registered.

Tony
Yet again Tony , the holier than thou attitude, personally after reading some of the shoite that you post on here , I would never employ you to do any kind of gas work

Go for intergas rapid cheap price can be used for heat only/system/combi no brainer for the price just needs a strong wall to be fixed On but can't fault the rapid

Any installer worth their salt can flush a system and install another Combi in a day
Just because Telly Tony took up plumbing and heating very late in life and thus not have the speed or the experience of proper tradesman doesn't mean the customer should be penalised and have to pay extortionate amount for job which he can't do in proper alloted time .
Ps the Main and Baxi boilers have stood the test of time and have become a firm favourite of the landlord.

personally I can not install and properly flush in a day, but I am not a dedicated installer, I take a day to just flush and inhibit, but I am a dinosaur and dont need to work like some of the racing snakes that can do this

I am doing a combi swap on Tuesday, Ideal out and Vokera in , 7 year warranty so I will get 7 years servicing and will do it properly, 2 day install with genuine flush, and a customer for life , the lads that install and flush all in a day , I will leave that business to you ,I dont advertise and all my business is by reputation , if you provide a good service you never look for work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back