APPLE DATA THEFT

So what is your suggestion. I am not knowledgable enough to suggest anything, but data is being sucked out of my machine at an incredible rate.
I only suggested pinging as that is what the original author suggested. If I have iCloud disabled then I think my machine will not be pinged for Syncing purposes, so it probably isn't pinging as you suggest.
If it is not pinging then what would you suggest I investigated 'Cos I ain't got any Ideas what so ever. All I do know without any doubt is that I am losing Data and the original author concluded it was Apple stealing it without consent.
Maybe there is small print somewhere, but when I upgraded to Yosemite I did not sign or agree to anything as far as I recall, but that is precisely when my problems started.

Sponsored Links
You would have to actually analyse the traffic. Determine what it is, what process it's coming from, and where it's headed, to know what to blame. 'pinging' does not account for large amounts of data. As I said, research, not wild guesses and assumptions. Leave that to the media, and those who think they're the media (bloggers).

I'm pretty sure you will have agreed to terms and conditions before installing any software.

The original author did have the traffic analysed by Apple and Apple confirmed all of the Data download was from the Author to Apple so Apple confirmed they were taking the data.
My original posting was simply to make Apple / Yosemite / Mavericks users aware of the download issues and hopefully advise them of a way to controlling it. Why and how Apple do it (Pinging or otherwise) is a mystery to me but, they do download and they admit to it.
I am presently investigating how to revert back to Snow Leopard or even Lion and that is not an easy task for a nugget like me. Probably an Apple Shop job.

Sponsored Links
The original author did have the traffic analysed by Apple and Apple confirmed all of the Data download was from the Author to Apple so Apple confirmed they were taking the data.

No, they had their ISP confirm there was traffic involving Apple IPs. That is not the same thing.

Once again, wild guesses and assumptions abound. All FUD until actual investigation is performed, and so far I chalk up two, count 'em, two, complaints.

Back