Neff'r been so frustrated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?
We have a Neff Fan oven B1451WOGB/01, I have replaced the thermostat and also the oven element but the oven still refuses to get hot.
It attempts warm but only just no matter how long you leave it on.

The thermostat light comes on but does not switch no matter how long the oven is on for. I have checked as many circuits as possible but cannot find out why it does not get hot. Both fans operate.

Any one any ideas, I don't want to call Neff out at £95 to be told the oven is beyond economic repair, or that it needs a new "Computer Unit" at around £140 as my sister found to her cost last week. :?: :evil: :?: :evil: :?:

Sponsored Links
Are you sure there is not two heating elements and you may need to replace the other.

Which one was replaced, fan or bottom element?

The fan element, apparently it is the only element used when using circotherm.

Sponsored Links
Yes, there are only two connections plus earth.
The element is circular so the connections too a degree are irrelevant as the circuit is the same as an AC light bulb, no mater wich connection you apply to which contact the bulb should light. I also checked the continuity of the element and get a reading so that would indicate it is OK.

I also get continuity on the thermostat. Both the fans work as do the grill elements etc., and I am told only the circular element operates in circotherm mode.

I do not get continuity on the old element but, I do get a variable reading on the old Thermostat which indicates it was working.

All this would indicate the element but, the only way to prove it would be to connect the element to the mains direct(with care of course) and see if it gets hot. :LOL: :oops: :LOL: :oops:

Been checking the no hot oven situation.
It appears there is a temperature limiter unit on the rear of the oven which could be the route of the problem.

Seen various comments on parts supplier pages about people with a similar problem and they all say it was cured by replacing this unit. The cost is ONLY £15.45 as against the only other thing it could be which is the control switch it's self. As these have to come from Germany and cost over £35 plus VAT and carriage I am going for the cheaper option first.

Watch this space..........

:) :( :) :( :) :( :unsure:

Temporarily bypass the limiter see if it heats.If not have a close look at the selector switch contacts.

I was wrong............
When I bypassed the temp limiter the element did not heat up.
Can anyone tell me the difference between a Temperature Limiter and a Thermal Cutout please.

It appears there could be both on this oven, I can't see it myself, surely there one and the same. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

There are two fitted to your oven pt. no. 151326 which cuts out in an overheat situation,and one attatched to the housing of the light bulb pt. no. 154836 which is to do with the cooling fan apparently.Both are normally reliable.I see from the parts list you have a control module on that model,if the element blew with a bang or if you don't have protection on the cooker circuit of your supply it could have taken that out.I have seen the element take out thermostat,limiter,selector swich and PCB when wired fuses were in the fuse box,assuming the element was faulty in the first place.

Thanks for that.
As far as I am aware there were no "Bangs or Flashes"
The oven just stopped getting hot.
I have changed the main oven element(around the fan) the thermostat(and tried the old thermo with the new element) and also changed the over temp module at the rear of the oven.

None of this has any effect on the oven heating. If left on for over an hour the oven is barely aired let alone warm. The only thing I can try next is the unit connected to the light but as the cooling fan works perfectly I hardly think it will be that.

Next would be the pricey control module which is a small circuit board mounted behind the main switches in the top front of the oven.
When I check the thermostats, the old and new elements, I get a continuity reading through both. I am at a loss what to replace next. I can see on a parts diagram Neff kindly sent me, the part you mention above the light unit.

I am beginning to wonder if it could be the temp. selector control, but these are not a stock item at Neff and have to be ordered from Germany.

Any further ideas would be gratefully appreciated.
P.S. The main fuse board is protected with MCB's and I have had power to the oven all the times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back