What oil for an old plate compactor 120cc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've bought myself a 2nd hand (more like 22nd hand!) Erhit wacker (an old brand that was apparently bought by Belle many years ago).
It started alright when I picked it up but could probably do with an oil change - any idea what oil I should use, and approximately what quantity? (there certainly isn't an oil level window that I can see - the previous owner sprayed it with hammerite!)
Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't expect anyone to be familiar with the particular engine, just an idea of what grade of oil would usually go in a garden machine of this sort of size (10/30, 5/50 etc)?
Thanks

Most of these type of things use engines from other makers. Briggs and Stratton, Honda, etc. So if there's a maker on the engine someone may be able to tell you. Or post a photo and someone may recognise the type.

Thanks Dave. Unfortunately the pull-cord mechanism has been replaced, so although it says Honda, I can't be certain (though I guess that's most likely, so lets go with that!)

Sponsored Links
10/30 officially but 10 or 15/40 will be fine.
As for the level, there may be a dipstick with a mark on it but if there's only a plug then fill to the level where you cant get any more oil in. Don't overfill!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back