combi c/h installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a humble sparky installing a combi boiler onto an existing conventional system .the main flow and return pipework are 22mm but the rads are tapped off in 10mm microbore i have been told by a gas fitter that i will have to change the micro bore pipework otherwise i will have problems is this so?

Sponsored Links
Microbore is easily blocked through sludge and should be flushed out, as should all installations where a new boiler is being installed.

Other than that, microbore can only carry a limited amount of heat and should really only be serving one radiator. If the flow and return are teed off 22mm then I can't see that there would be any problems, if there were none before. In all probability the 22mm terminates in a manifold which is the usual way to do it.

the flow restriction was mentioned each rad is teed off separately i suppose so as not to see large pipework on the drops

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back