Which condensing boiler (in UK) ???

I got a quote for a WB junior 28i from a firm that has done a lot of work in my area before and everyone was happy with it and it was £2300 which included fitting a new gas fire i bought

Sponsored Links
ChrisRoberts said:
Isn't the Worseceter greenstar HE combi obsolete now? I thought it'd been made so by the CDi. Which is a much nicer boiler by the way.
I'm going to Alpha next week so I'll tell you what they are like then. The Baxi HE is that the gold or platinum? or just the HE? Used to love baxi but gone off them now. And as for the Ideal I wouldn't deal. :rolleyes:
So if I had a choice I'd go for the Worsecter.

I am not sure exactly which models he has specified to use. I have asked him and hes getting back to me.

I am a little annoyed about some of these manufacturers in that when I look at their web sites for a "28kw combi high efficiency condensing boiler" that theres around 3-4 to choose from. When looking closer I cannot distiguish what the differences are apart from the waranty on some being from 2 to 5 years.

I know I maybe being a pain about this but I never just go and buy somthing without looking into what the pros and cons are for the different models etc etc.

As I menioned before I wouldnt mind somthing that is:

- Reliable
- Quiet
- Decent waranty
- Has some kind of pre water heat thing (ie it keeps a certain about of water hot ready for instant use)
- Must be as efficient as possible (A grade only etc).

ChrisRoberts said:
And as for the Ideal I wouldn't deal.

Why ? - I have tried to phone them all yesterday and didnt get though to anyone. They do seem to be a small UK company which makes me worried. I would prefer a large soild international company (ie Bosch / Baxi etc).

I you want top quality go for Viessmann (German). Not cheap but the best. Support is now good.

Also try Atmos (Dutch) they are setup in the UK now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back