Immersion Heater /Circulator

It`s not unlikely to be an immersion if it`s got a wire going to it ....not been mentioned yet :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Just seen the item below. To post a picture can someone let me have a www site which meets requirements set out. ?

Thanks
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. You can email your picture to [email protected] and details of the post you wish it to appear in and we can upload it for you. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode

Thanks for this . I now have picture at photobucket (circulator.jpg) but have not yet figured out how to make it available to others .

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Here is a pic of the Santon Circulator after removing the cap(which says nothing other than
Santon Circulator plus a very big 10 digit number) . What you see here is about 3 inches in diameter.

The central pillar is threaded at the top and this holds a plastic cap in position.

Then there are the three terminals for the electric supply cable (blue , brown ;earth not used , see below). This
cable (white in foreground) connects to a junction box (just out of the picture)
which in turn is connected to a flat gray cable (which I assume is the main circuit).
The junction box has the earth from from each of these cables and a run of green wire from the junction box
connects these to the pipework. So that is why there is
no earth wire in the picture (it has been snipped off).

Apart from the normal terminals you will also see wires encased in white (looks ceramic).
There are 8 of these wires which simply emerge from the bottom of the unit. As you can
see some of these white wires are connected to the same terminals for blue, brown but
others are connected to separate terminals in pairs.

Hopefully this may produce some further ideas .

Thanks

Hopefully the picture is here :

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l288/mmd_01/Circulator.jpg

myles said:
Thanks for this . I now have picture at photobucket (circulator.jpg) but have not yet figured out how to make it available to others .

Thanks

Copy the IMG tag, (bottom list) then just paste it in your reply.

Ok forget I said that, :LOL:

The img tags would show the pic without clicking :cool:

myles said:
Here is a pic of the Santon Circulator after removing the cap(which says nothing other than
Santon Circulator plus a very big 10 digit number) . What you see here is about 3 inches in diameter.
Got the pic. but :confused: anyways 3in. dia . looks like a normal 2.1/4 bsp immersion boss to me .......so just bung a new one in ;) Why it`s called a circulator I don`t know :?: But there used to be bath/sink immersions and they didn`t have adjustable `stats ....so maybe this is similar and would`ve had a remote control. :confused:

Is there such a thing as a heavy duty cylinder stat that could be fitted between the spur and the immersion heater or are cylinder stats rated at low amperage?

G

Nigel F

Is installing an immersion fairly straightworward ? Can I use the same wiring ?

It`s getting the old one out that`s a bugger sometimes.............I leave the cyl full of water ie. the taps still run then carefully break the seal of imm. with a set of 24inch stillsons over a box immers. spanner :eek: carefully not to distort the tank......when seal is broken and water starts seeping round join I nip it back up.........drain the level down @ bottom of cy. after turning feed to cyl off.......then remove old and insert new ..give final tighten when full of water again....there`s probably a sticky on immersion change ;) Wiring- wouldn`t like to say

It will have a stat somewhere, probably got a control box on the cylinder somewhere.

Lateral thinking ( who says that Emoticon )

No stat kettle boil :rolleyes:

Pipes in and out of cylinder , plus boss for circulator ----nothing else !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back