diplomat dishwasher door jammed shut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My diplomat 8132 dishwasher door has decided it does not want open without the brute force of a claw hammer. i think its the door catch that has gone on it but does anyone know where i could get one from or will i be needing a new dishwasher???This one is 6 years old.

Sponsored Links
This is a common problem on this model. You'll find on dismantling it that the top facia panel has broken.
You can either replace the facia or do a simple repair.
I'm assuming it's a built in model with full decor door.
First unplug it from the mains.
Remove the decor door then remove the outer door and facia of the dishwasher.
Once this is off you'll see a piece of plastic holding the door catch in place has snapped or cracked allowing the door catch to slip down and lie at an angle.
Place the door catch where it should be, drill through the facia panel and door catch (no room for error) and secure it with a screw type bolt and nut.
Reassemble it and it should work ok.

Is this a new fault? Or is it part and parcel of the door not opening?

Sponsored Links
We didnt notice it untill we had a good look at it we have the problem with the door jamming before and just assumed it was that but after trying to select programs we realised that it wont do anything at all. Its gone to the skips now we went and brought a new one as we are fed up with the rubbish that is diplomat had nothing but trouble with it since we had it!!!

The diplomat you skipped was a Smeg. Diplomat is a name used by MFI and associated companies, the appliances are made by various companies.
In the case of your machine it's likely the pcb needed resetting or replacing and the door lock repairing.

We knew it was a smeg as the engineer had told us this when he mended it the many times he came out he also said that Smeg have loads of problems go wrong with them and that you pay for the name not the reliability.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back