Speedfit Connections in a stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings to all,
Following some major water ingress into my bathroom plasterboard I'm in the process of riping the whole lot out and replacing with Aquapanel. My shower has a pipe running down from the ceiling on top of the existing tiles. I'd like to run a length of Plastic pipe in the wall cavity but I'm a wee bit concerned about having a Speedfit elbow in the wall cavity even with the collets in place.

Can anyone advise on the best way forward?

Many thanks for reading this far

Rusty Scot

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't worry about a push-fit elbow, providing the tube end is free of cuts and scratches, but you can use a compression fitting instead (with tube liners of course) if you're happier with that.

I could be wrong chris (shocking I know but it has happened :) ) but aint a good idea for compression or demountable push fit fittings to be inaccessable, this is a fact for gas but am sure that water regs have something to say about this as well ???

Sponsored Links
True but the regs haven't caught up with plastic pipe yet!
I wouldn't choose a pushfit behind a wall, but there must be millions out there.
Rusty, if you're asking for best advice, use copper pipe, and bend/solder the elbow.

corgiman said:
I could be wrong chris (shocking I know but it has happened :) ) but aint a good idea for compression or demountable push fit fittings to be inaccessable, this is a fact for gas but am sure that water regs have something to say about this as well ???
You're right (second time today!), but in this case we have a plasterboard and stud wall, so access wouldn't be too difficult if there was any suspicion of leakage. Although the shower side may be tiled, the other side of the wall usually allows for cutting a temporary hole for access.

used some osma gold last month. builder specified. seem solid, but you cant seperate once pushed on.

chrishutt said:
You're right (second time today!).

thank gawd i screwed up over the poxi expansion vessel or I would have had to lay down for ten minutes to get over the shock ;)

Corgiman, maybe you were right about the Poxi expansion vessel. It's a new one on me.

i am right that you cannot put an external one on cos it houses the pre heat store, believe me i have change enough of the barstewards, but i was wrong in how it actually worked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back