Sime Combi Boiler very low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently moved house and noticed that when the heating was on the radiators were only hot at the bottom. I vented the air out of each radiator and they are all warm except for one and I think this is due to there not being enough pressure in the system to fill the radiator fully.

I have a SIME Super 102 De Luxe wall mounted fan assisted combination gas boiler. The pressure on the boiler is now down to 0.1 and I can't work out how to top up the CH water system.

I've opened the front panel but can't work it out. Do I need to connect a pipe on to somewhere? In the manual it talks about fitting a temporary hose but I have no idea where this should be fitted to. I'm hoping someone will be able to help and just tell me there's a valve somewhere that you open and it will balance the pressure.

If someone could get back to me that would be great.

Cheers

Mark.

Sponsored Links
Probably a Filling Loop under the boiler - see FAQ section.

Hi Chris,

I can see under the boiler and the only valves are:

D.H.W. Isolation valve
Gas Cock
C.H. Isolation Valves

and there is one other that I can see on the diagram in front of me but it's just labelled S and has nothing written about it. The pipe goes up to the safety value and pressure gauge. Do you think this is the one? Also if it is what do I connect to it? A garden hose?

Cheers

Mark.

Sponsored Links
No.
Have you looked in the faq section - ... look for braided hose...
Can be behind a washing machine etc, part of pipework not part of boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back