Newly Installed Rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a newly installed Rad in my garage, it warms at the top but not the bottom, it's feed and return comes form the original system just teed off. The rad has been bled many times. The system is 6 years old and works fine just the new rad gives problems. The radiator was new when installed so i doubt it could be sludge, The new radiator is back to back through the wall with the radiator it is fed from, the trv is on the right the lockshield on the left this means that the feed from origanal goes to return on the new radiator, could this be the problem :(

Sponsored Links
when you drained down the system to install the new rad what did the water look like?

Sponsored Links
very strange, the usual cause of this type of problem is sludge as the TRV appears to letting water through lovely as the top is as hot as the other rads, the only thing it can be is either rubbish blocking up the bottom of the rad, or you have a naff rad! which is not very likely

how about popping off the wall and flushing it out and see what you get?

Is the trv supposed to be on the feed or return, if on the feed, my setup has got the return of the original going to the trv of the new

most trv are no bi directional

anyway you know the trv is opening as the top of the rad is getting as hot as the other rads, still sounds like a blockage of somekind to me

Try shutting all other rads off if the new radiator then gets hot all over, it is a flow ploblem and you need to adjust the lockshield ends of the rads to deliver a better flow to the new rad.
Should have been done at installation of new rad but often overlooked.

well he has flow rat?? thats wjy i asked if the top of the rad was getting really hot or lukewarm??

as its getting hot i would say that circulation from the secondaries aint the issues, something must be happening in the rad itself

would you agree or am I missing something?

ratonnastick said:
Try shutting all other rads off if the new radiator then gets hot all over, it is a flow ploblem and you need to adjust the lockshield ends of the rads to deliver a better flow to the new rad.

please do not interrupt Corgiman when he thinks he is right, it upsets him. :LOL:

Bamber gaspipe said:
ratonnastick said:

please do not interrupt Corgiman when he thinks he is right, it upsets him. :LOL:

ooooh you cheeky rapscallion, why i would spank you but the lady you visit for such services would pop a cap in my ass

;)

I dont think I am right am am pretty sure I am thats why I engaged rat in a discussion I may have missed summink

:LOL: GOOD NEWS I had the exact same problem, almost identicle, had the rad changed and was then runing sweet as a nut!!
I then threw the old B+Q scrap out. I dunno where they get their stock from but they are useless!! So must have been a blockage by the means of a manufacture fault. Good luck!

Corgiman just very similar to problems i have had with larger systems and adding rads to existing pipework, Its is poss that the water flow to the new rad is very poor and thus only the top gets hot.

Not much comment from the original poster lately!

If its a normal rad then it should be posible to "look" into the rad tapping and see whats blocking it.

My best guess it that one of the plastic plugs has come adrift and blocked the bottom channel. But could be anything else.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back