whirlpool dishwasher - 3 flashes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, could you give me any advise on the 3 flashes on the light of my dishwasher, the water does not get hot and the program is not completing it's cycle, can you help?

Sponsored Links
Heat related problem. Either heater or main pcb at fault. Very slim chance of it being the NTC (temperature sensor).

thanks S,

where is the heater located and is it easy to replace? Ive seen the lead to the NTC but unsure how to test it.

any ideas please.

If you've seen the two thin blue wires going to the NTC you'll find the tube heater to the right and behind. It's attached directly to the wash pump.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have replaced the Tubular heater, the 3 flashes have stopped but there is still no hot water during the cycle.. is ther any thing else I could try.

thanks

PS The heater was faulty so did need replacing..

Just gone through its cycle again but the 3xflashes are still there and no heat.. Any ideas please.

Possibly the module has been burned/ damaged by the heater going down. Hard to say really without actually being there.
make a wiring diagram of the module, label the plugs as you take them off. Take the pcb out of the plastic holder and check for damage.

Thanks Sleepyhead, The PCB is clean and not dammaged at all, do you know if there is any way of testing the the NTC Feeler before I buy one.
thanks for all your help. :D

Sorry, can't remember the readings, think it's something like 35 ohms at 20 deg.
If the pcb is undamaged then you're looking at metering the wiring from the pcb to the heater. If all is well there then you're looking at possible software corruption of the pcb or a faulty ntc.
Sorry, can't be specific on this, Whirlpool engineers can plug a machine onto the pcb and reprogram it, thereby eleminating another source, I don't have that luxury.

Thanks Sleepyhead, I've ordered a NTC feeler ( getting to know your lingo ! ) so i'll give it a go and let you know the result.... thanks for your prompt help.

Still the same problem -- I've changed the heater and the NTC feeler but with no luck, the dishwasher goes through part cycle then bleeps, when the door is opened the start light flashes three times(what does this mean?) i've tried this on all three settings with the same results could there be any thing else to change ? at £80 spent i hate to be beaten!
Please dont say you could change the machine!! cos our lass is waiting to gloat...I can feel it.

Thanks, over to you. :oops:

F3 is definitely a heating fault.
There are 4 parts to the heating circuit.
The NTC, the tube heater which has the thermal overload cutout built into it, the wiring from the heater back to the module (pcb) and the module itself.
It now looks as though the module on your machine is faulty.
I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble repairing this machine, however, with remote diagnosis there are no guarantees. I can only give best guess.
Meter out the wiring from the heater to module for continuity. If you take the two wires off the module and meter from there you'll also be making sure the new heater is ok. If all is ok it looks like a module fault.

Thanks Sleepyhead for getting back to me, how do I locate a new module and where do I find the correct one? on the plastic PCB cover is CBMFD 220-240v CB-PM-FD, also WK0316 (and a large Number in Bold) 505
Do you know where i can buy a module as I cant find anything with my machine model number APD W/2 ( 8545 937 15710 ).

thanks again.

Unfortunately these are only available from whirlpool. You would require a preprogrammed one.
They are expensive though.
Have another look at the module. Trace the wiring from the heater back to the module. Trace the tracks on the module from the heater wires to a relay. Try resoldering the relay to the board. This relay switches power to the heater, normally it would be burned, however it is slight possibility of dry joints.
Is your module in the door or in the base?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back