Another stupid newbie question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to tackle the plumbing on the basin I have already asked stupid questions on :rolleyes:

I have got my plan organised, but when I went to B & Q and saw the prices of the speedfit stuff I changed my mind pretty sharply :eek:

I am now planning on running my water pipes up using 15mm plastic pipes, but the fittings will be copper compression joints since they are both cheaper and less bulky. Will this give me a problem? I have also read about pipe inserts, will I need these?

I promise this is my last stupid question- for today at least!

Sponsored Links
You always need pipe inserts in that dreadful plastic pipe.

Amateurs like Softus like to use plastic but most professionals will suggest you use soldered copper every time!!!

Tony

+++++++++
Note from moderator:
I think this is an attempt to stir up an argument.

So it should not be taken seriously.

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++

I have plumbed plastic up through a columnar pedestal in plastic where copper would have been impossible. Much more professional than copper in this instance. Horses for courses!
Compression is fine on plastic pipe, better than pushfit imho. (Cheaper in Wickes than B&Q!)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back