ideal HE icos VERY LOUD NOISES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have come across a problem with the above boiler.

The symtons are: Very loud groaning, fast then slow etc. Enough to scare a client and wake the neighbours. Ideal themselves have no expalnation and could not pin point the fault. All checks were carried out an the boiler etc.seemed fine, but as soon as the boiler is turned back on the noise starts again. It sounds like vibrating but is not, some people have referred to gas and air mix.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
I would say it is gas air ratio, but you dont mention if you have check flue gas ratio.

feeltheheat said:
i did not check the gas/air ratio.

Does anybody have first hand knowledge.

Thanks

Nick

Yes me.

You need a monitor like telegan or such. The ratio you are interested in is the Co2 which will be specified in the destructions. somewhere around 9% I think from memory.
If its wrong then you need to be very clued up with what you are doing and alter the air gas ratio at the gas valve as specified in the manual.

Stan

Sponsored Links
Did you flush the system properly.

debris in the HE will cause this noise

sounds like a ghost in there dont it :)

You should not be attempting to work on premix boilers if you do not have a flue gas analyser.

Even British Gas use them!

Before commenting further I would want to know what the CO2 percentage is!

Tony

Agile said:
You should not be attempting to work on premix boilers if you do not have a flue gas analyser.

Even British Gas use them!

Before commenting further I would want to know what the CO2 percentage is!

Tony

Personally i would 100% agree.

However in the Ideal Icos instructions it states that such tests are optional.

Strange but true. :confused:

"""However in the Ideal Icos instructions it states that such tests are optional."""

That is probably in the MI for the installation. Dealing with a fault condition is another matter!

In any case, the Ideal information probably say that the Icos is a "reliable boiler". Not everyone in the trade would agree!

Tony

I still reckon its sludged up or not clean thoroughly enough

believe me I know, to my shame :oops:

Agile said:
"""However in the Ideal Icos instructions it states that such tests are optional."""

That is probably in the MI for the installation. Dealing with a fault condition is another matter!

In any case, the Ideal information probably say that the Icos is a "reliable boiler". Not everyone in the trade would agree!

Tony

As i said, i agree with you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back